About the Centre for Educational Development
Who we are
The Centre for Educational Development is based within Student and Academic Services reporting to the Academic Registrar and taking direction from the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Learning, Teaching and Quality). The team comprises a rich mix of professionals specialising in curriculum and educational development, and technology enhanced learning.
Where we are
You will find us in Chesham building, just off the Peace Garden.
What we do
Our primary activities centre on University Strategy 2015-2025 key messages:
- Our outstanding teaching and research are making knowledge work;
- We will put students at the heart of learning.
The implementation of the Learning & Teaching Strategy is a key focus for our work.
We work with academic faculties/schools, programme teams, individual academic staff and learning support professionals to:
- Implement the Curriculum framework.
- Develop pedagogic research and scholarship relating to Higher Education policy and practice.
- Embrace technology enhanced learning.
- Engage in initial / continuing professional development;
- Achieve professional recognition against the UK Professional Standards Framework and/or institutional/national teaching awards.
- Raise the profile and reputation of learning, teaching and assessment at Bradford both within the institution and across the sector.