Who we are
The Centre for Educational Development is based within the Academic Development Unit. The team comprises a rich mix of professionals specialising in educational development and technology enhanced learning.
Where are we
You will find us in Chesham building, just off the Peace Garden.
What we do
In relation to the University's Corporate Strategy - Making Knowledge Work 2009-2014 - our primary areas of activity centre on:
- Aim 1 To provide all our students with a first-class learning experience and excellent employment prospects;
- Aim 4 To invest in the welfare and support of our students and staff by optimising talent, increasing efficiency, developing potential and supporting well-being for all.
How we do it
We work with academic schools, programme teams, individual academic staff and learning support professionals to enhance the learner experience, and support individuals with their teaching professional development and career progression. We do this by:
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the institutional policy framework for teaching, learning and assessment and the Curriculum Framework.
- Promoting and advising on the development of innovative and effective teaching and learning strategies and methodologies and on curriculum design. This includes:
- inclusive curriculum design;
- assessment for learning;
- approaches to learning such as collaborative learning, real world and experiential learning, abd ebqyurt-based learning.;
- technology enhanced learning;
- transition to learner autonomy;
- developing effective physical and virtual learning spaces.
- Engaging in critical scholarship relating to HE sector developments in learning, teaching and assessment (LTA), including conducting and disseminationg research.
- Leading/facilitating the development of research and scholarship into Higher Education policy and practice within the institution.
- Providing, facilitating and supporting the continuing professional development (CPD) and professional recognition of teaching and learner support staff.
- Actively promoting and enhancing the profile and reputation of learning, teaching and assessment at Bradford both within the institution and across the sector.
Page last modified: Friday, March 8, 2013