TurnitinUK Assignment Submission
- Checks for plagiarism and collusion (text based files only!)
- Supports anonymous marking
- Supports online marking and feedback:
- Mark is reflected in the Blackboard Grade Centre.
- Students see feedback / mark via TurnitinUK or via 'My Grades'
- Issues formal receipt of submission
- Bulk download of submitted files possible
- Can be used as an archive of submitted work and marked work
- Submitted files are downloaded as a zip file
- Module instructors can upload single or multiple files for the student(s), e.g.
- If students are not able to access TurnitinUK for some reason
- To check files submitted by an alternative method
- Supports peer review / peer feedback
- Feedback / mark can be added via TurnitinUK's GradeMark feature.
- If a TurnitinUK rubric is used, the lecturer can indicate how the coursework meets the marking criteria.
- Only accepts single files
- Restricted text based file types, ie: MS Word (.doc, docx), WordPerfect (.wpd), PostScript (.eps), Portable Document Format (.pdf), HTML (.htm), Rich Text (.rtf) and Plain Text (.txt)
- Used nationally so gets busy at peak assessment periods
- Each submission over writes previous submission
- Limited support if system fails
- Use of assignment cover sheets can increase originality report percentage as common phrases are detected
- Assignment cover sheets are not necessary as TurnitinUK uniquely identifies each paper
Staff Guide to Using TurnitinUK Assignments at Bradford