The UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) conduct credibility interviews for Tier 4 (General) student applicants before granting them immigration permission to come to the UK.
The purpose of the interview is to ascertain the students' intention to study in the UK is genuine. The interview will be conducted in English, and therefore your English language ability will be checked. The questions will focus on your reasons for coming to the UK, and will include questions about your background, your study plans, careers plans and finances.
Applying outside the UK
All overseas Tier 4 (General) student applicants can expect to attend a short Credibility Interview at the beginning of their application process, and some applicants may be required to attend at a further interview to undertake a more detailed interview.
What questions might they ask?
Intention to study
- Why do you want to study in the UK?
- What attracted you to the UK?
- Why would you like to live and study in the UK?
- What made you choose the University of Bradford?
- Which other Universities did you consider?
- What facilities are there at the University of Bradford?
- Where is the University of Bradford?
- What modules will you be studying and what qualification will you leave the University with?
- How is your course assessed?
- What other courses (if any) did you consider studying?
- What are your plans are after you complete your course?
Your academic history
- Where have you studied previously and why did you choose this course of study?
- If you have any study gaps then you may need to explain what you have been doing in this period.
- Why have you decided to return to study?
Your personal background
(This may include details about your family at home and in the UK)
- Have you ever visited the UK before?
- Will you have any family travelling with you?
- Do you have family in the UK?
- Have you ever had a visa refusal?
- How will you fund your studies?
- Would you be able to pay your tuition fees in one full amount?
- How much will your accommodation cost?
- Do you plan on working while in the UK?
- If you have a loan how do you plan on paying this back?
Following your interview, we would be grateful if you would provide us with feedback regarding your interview experience. This will assist us in keeping our advice up-to-date and enable us to advise students in a similar position. For further information please contact the Visa Support Team firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone +44 (0) 1274 236900.
Applying inside the UK
Tier 4 (General) student applicants in the UK may be invited to attend an in-person interview. The Home Office will inform you by letter the date, time and place of the interview. You will need to ensure that you have enrolled your biometrics prior to the interview date and complete an interview reply form and declaration, which you will need to be email back to the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) address provided on the letter.
Please remember to bring a copy of the letter and your completed declaration to your interview.
What Questions might they ask?
- What is your date of birth?
- Where are you from?
- When did you come to the UK?
- When does your visa expire?
- What course are you studying?
- Who is financing your course?
- How much is your fee?
- What modules are you taking?
- Why did you decide to study at the University of Bradford?
- How many credits is the course?
- What are you going to do when you finish your course?
- What qualification are you studying to receive?
- What English language test did you do?
- Where do you live?
- What are your travel costs to your place of study?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- What facilities does the University have?
- Where are you going/do you want to stay in the UK when you finish your course?
- What do you do in your spare time?
Following your interview, we would be grateful if you would provide us with feedback regarding your interview. This will assist us in keeping our advice up-to-date and enable us to advise students in a similar position.
For further information please contact the Visa Support Team email@example.com or Telephone 01274 236900.