Dr Rana Tassabehji
BA(Hons), MA (Liverpool), MSc (UMIST), MBA (Manchester), PhD (Salford), PGCHEP (Bradford)
Senior Lecturer in E-Commerce and Information Systems
Member of the Marketing, Strategy and International Business group
Member of the BRITE Lab research centre
+44 (0)1274 233902
+44 (0)1274 235837
University of Bradford School of Management
Rana Tassabehji was awarded a first degree and a Master's degree from the University of Liverpool, a Master's degree in computing and an MBA with distinction from Manchester University, and a PhD in internet security from Salford University. She worked for several years as a consultant in the UK IT sector and as an international business consultant, before returning to academia. She currently specialises in e-Business and IT.
Rana is a fully accredited member of the Institute of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, now the Higher Education Academy. She is module leader and teaches E-business at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Rana was visiting professor at the University of Lyon II (Lumiere) where she developed and taught "Nouvelles formes de commerce et distribution" on the global-logistics programme.
Rana is Editor of the School of Management Working Paper Series. She is the staff representative on the School of Management School Board and also sits on a number of other School and University wide committees She is also director of studies for the executive part-time MBA
She is a reviewer for academic publishers, journals and conferences, including:
- Sage, Pearson and McGraw Hill
- Electronic Markets - An International Journal
- International Journal of Enterprise Information
- International Journal of Operations Management
- International Journal of Agile Systems and Management
- British Academy of Management (conference 2004)
- Academy of Management (conference 2006)
- IRMA (conference 2007)
- Supply Chain Management: An International Journal
Rana is a member of the British Academy of Management, the Academy of Management (ACM) and the UK Academy for Information Systems.
- Managing information security in organisations from a holistic perspective - including implementation of technical solutions such as public key infrastructure and biometrics, organisational culture, risk management, people and organisational processes
- Internet technology and supply chain management - evaluating the impact of internet technologies on supply chain management, including e-procurement and e-supply chain management
- Reverse e-auctions - investigation of the impact of e-auctions on supply chain relationships and organisational agility
- E-government - exploring the issues of trust in e-government
- Exploring the impact of internet technologies on businesses - including strategy, organisational design and change management
- The European Regional Development Fund is financing Rana's study of the impact of e-technology on small and medium-size firms in Yorkshire.
- Rana is currently a part of the EPSRC-funded network for e-Government Integration and Systems Evaluation (eGISE) which is examining e-government adoption and implementation (see http://www.egise.org/ for more information).
- She is a part of the EU-funded Asia-Link project entitled Euro-Asia Collaborations and Networking in Information Engineering System Technology (ref TH/Asia Link/004 91712).
- Rana has also attracted funding to examine the computer games industry cluster in the Yorkshire region.