Bill Huntley Memorial Peace Seminar
at the University of Bradford
The 2015 Peace Fellows Seminar, "Radical Peace: Understanding Extremism and Breaking the Cycles of Violence" took place on the 31st of October and this short video gives a flavour of the seminar.
Our guest speakers were:
- Dr. Kacper Rekawek — an expert on international terrorism and terrorist groups.
- Jo Berry – founder of Building Bridges for Peace who works to promote an understanding of the causes of war, terrorism and violence among divided communities.
- Dr. Pat Magee – A former member of the IRA who was imprisoned for his part in the Brighton bombing, who now works with Building Bridges for Peace and seeks political solutions to conflict situations.
- Dr. Albaqir A. Mukhtar – Director of al-Khatim Adlan Centre for Enlightenment and Human Development in Khartoum, Sudan.
- Dr. Sadek Hamid – Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Liverpool Hope University who's work focuses upon British Muslims, young people, Islamic activism and religious radicalisation.
- Dr. Philip Lewis – Lectures on Religions, Conflict and Peacemaking at the University of Bradford, and Interfaith Advisor and Consultant on Christian Muslim relations who will moderate the panel discussion.
- The Class XIII Peace Fellows gave presentations based on their international experiences and there was an opportunity to meet the new Class XIV Fellows who recently arrived in Bradford