Skills Areas Covered
Click on the headings below to find out if we can provide advice to help you to improve your skills in this area:
- Critical thinking
- Effective learning strategies
- Exam skills (revision strategies and memorisation techniques)
- Reading and researching skills - basic and advanced
- Writing skills - literature reviews, essays, reports
- Drafting, editing and proof-reading skills (N.B. we do not offer a proof-reading service)
- Designing and delivering presentations
- Group working skills
- Communication skills
- Time management
All areas of Maths ranging from basic numeracy up to advanced levels.
Research and scholarship skills
Anyone enrolled for a degree by research (MPhil, PhD, DBA or DPharm) should speak to their supervisors about appropriate, high-level research and scholarship training and support.
Advice for Doctoral Students is available through our Research and Scholarship Skills provision. Enquiries regarding this should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Research training sessions are available.
The IT Advice Team can assist you.
Your Subject Librarian can help develop your information retrieval skills.
Course specific subject knowledge
Your course tutor can help.
English Language skills
The University Language Centre can help.
Writing your CV and Application forms
Career and Employability Services can help.