Student Representation Policy, System and Procedures
Student representation forms one element of the University’s approach to student engagement. It is broadly defined as giving students a voice to influence university practice and decision making processes.
The Policy for Student Representation (available on the Academic Development Unit website) is intended as a framework for coordinating representation within programmes, Schools and across the institution. However, staff are encouraged to think creatively about how to engage with the scheme and enable a variety of mechanisms and opportunities for active student participation.
The Policy for Student Representation provides details of the following:
- Principles of Student Representation
- Student Representatives, including role descriptor
- School (Student) Representatives, including role descriptor
- University Roles and Responsibilities
- Recruitment and Elections
- Recognition and Reward