Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
We know that businesses need to continuously innovate in today's fast-paced technology driven market, if they are going to stay ahead of the competition. But we also know that innovating can be expensive. A KTP project is affordable and comes with many benefits:
- Cost effective compared to consultants and research organisations
- Well qualified people resource:
- a full-time postgraduate associate qualified up to PhD level who becomes absorbed into your organisation and owns the project
- at least one academic working on the project for no less than 48 days over a 2 year period
- extended access to wider expertise of other academics as required
- option to enhance the project be adding free undergraduate projects and placements
- A structured approach to project management ensuring your outcomes are delivered
- Access to leading edge equipment and laboratories
- Creates accelerated innovative products/solutions
On average, businesses generate an increase of over £600,000 per annum in pre-tax profit and £650,000 annual increase in exports a few years after the project has ended, the creation of 2 jobs and 20 staff trained.
Dave Thompson, Technical Manager, Norgren Leeds.
“The KTP has been an excellent partnership, allowing us to apply expert skills to solve real world problems. The structure and support
provided by the KTP programme was a model for future projects."