Innovation and enterprise
Innovation and enterprise may be something that recruiters look for in specific roles, but equally they would be the attributes of a successful entrepreneur, small business owner or sole trader.
Someone demonstrating innovation and enterprise skills will have the following understanding and abilities:
- To identify opportunities and to develop opportunities
- To take the initiative, think critically and strategically
- To take decisions
- To set goals, plan and take action
- To network to gather resources (information, useful contacts)
- To assess the context and adapt plans and thinking as needs be to achieve successful outcomes
- To be resilient, to problem solve and to keep going through challenging times
See more information on self employment and enterprise.