Student and graduate customer service statement
In providing our services we aim to:
- Be professional and friendly in our manner at all times.
- Respect the diversity of our students and graduates and deliver our services with integrity, impartially and confidentiality.
- Do our utmost to meet the needs of all students and graduates and if we cannot do so explain why that is.
- Refer students and graduates to other services, within or outside of the University, as appropriate to meet their needs. Any referral will only be made with the agreement of the individual student or graduate.
- Work in partnership with other service providers e.g. employers, business intermediaries, within and outside of the University, in order to deliver and develop our services to meet the needs of students and graduates.
See more about our services for students and graduates and read our full Statement of Service for Students and Graduates below.
Statements of Service
Our statements of service outline what clients can expect of us, what we will provide, and what we will ask of you in return.
Service principles and quality standards
Professional codes and quality standards
The two published Codes of Practice that Career and Employability Services adhere to are as follows:
1. AGCAS Code of Practice (PDF, 84KB)
- Includes Core Principles and Standards:
- Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Professional Competence and Development
- Commitment to AGCAS
Part B: Assuring and Enhancing Academic Quality
- Chapter B3: Learning and teaching
- Chapter B4: Enabling student development and achievement
- Chapter B10: Managing higher education provision with others
Part C: Information about higher education provision