Our appointments are impartial, confidential and conducted in privacy, and are open to University of Bradford students and recent graduates.
You can get started with a 15-minute 'quick query' or book a 45-minute appointment for a more in-depth discussion.
Please note: our opening hours are slightly different out of term time.
Our drop-in service is available every weekday from 10:00–12:00 and 13:00-15:00 (City Campus only).
We can help you with:
- Getting initial feedback on your CV or covering letter
- Developing your CV
- Researching your career
You don't need to make an appointment, just call into reception.
- you may need to wait a little while depending on how busy we are
- drop-in sessions are held in an semi-open area so may not suitable for discussing confidential matters.
At the end of your 15 minutes you may be offered a longer guidance appointment for more specialist advice about specific career areas or guidance on the content of your CV.
30 minute appointments
You can book a 30 minute appointment if you want help with:
- finding and applying for part-time jobs
- feedback on your CV or covering letter (after you have used our drop-in service for initial feedback)
- getting started with any aspect of your career planning
- finding work experience or internships
- finding and applying for your industrial placement year
- feedback on your personal statement or application form questions
- a general discussion on how to prepare for interview
Availability of these appointments may vary. Please get in touch with us for more information.
You can book a 45 minute appointment if you want help with:
- exploring your career ideas and the range of options open to you
- getting feedback on your CV and covering letter (after you have used our drop-in service for initial feedback)
- preparing for an interview
- a mock interview (please be aware mock interviews need to be booked at least two days in advance to allow us to prepare)
- preparing for assessment centres
- exploring course difficulties and a possible course change
These appointments are guaranteed within five days of your request and in term time are usually available:
09:15 – 17:00*
10:00 – 18:00*
09:15 – 17:00*
09:15 – 17:00*
09:15 – 16:00*
*please note: the last appointment of the day will start a minimum of 45 minutes before the stated end time.
MBA guidance appointments
- Book your appointment online
- Call us on +44 (0)1274 234991
- Call in to see us (check the opening hours)
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient slot.
We also offer appointments via phone, email and Skype if you are not in Bradford - please get in touch for more details.
Please quote your full name, course and UB number when making a booking.
See more about our services for MBA students.
Can I book more than one appointment?
It’s fine to book appointments for different reasons, for example if you’re thinking about your careers options and also looking for part-time work; but if you want more than one appointment for the same subject we ask that you book a follow up after your first appointment if you still think you need more time with an adviser.
Can two of us share an appointment?
No - we only see one person at a time to make sure every individual gets the most out of their appointments.
Can you check my spelling and grammar / proofread my application?
It is up to you to ensure your spelling and grammar is accurate and we do not offer any kind of proofreading service. The language centre and academic skills advice service may be able to offer some help with your writing skills.
I'm just getting started with my CV but I've got a few questions...
Come along to one of our drop-in sessions, available every weekday from 10am-12pm and 1pm-3pm (there's no need to book). We're here to answer your questions and point you towards loads of useful resources.
Can you help me find a placement?
Yes, ask for an appointment with one of our Employer and Placement Services Consultants for advice on options for your sandwich year placements.
Our employability advisers are here to talk to you about our Summer Experience programme offering six-week paid placements, other internship options and our graduate internship opportunities.
Our career consultants can also help you with your applications for placements.
Can you help me find a part-time job?
Yes, book an appointment with an employability adviser.
I'm not in Bradford but I need help...
We can help you! See our off-campus advice details.
What if I've booked an appointment but can no longer attend?
That's not a problem, but please let us know as soon as you can so we can free the appointment up for somebody else. Phoning us is best, but an email is also fine if you can give us at least two hours notice.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
It's helpful if you bring printed copies of your CV, covering letter and applications, as it's generally easier than accessing and reading it online.
If you are signing a contract for work on campus, here's what you should bring with you.
I've booked a mock interview, what do I need to send over to you?
Please email the job description, person specification and any other details you have about the interview to email@example.com and we'll forward it to the career consultant so they can prepare some relevant questions for you.
How do I know which is the best appointment for me?
We are always happy to discuss your options to work out the best appointment for you - give us a call on 01274 234991, email us, or call in to see us in Student Central.
Where do I go?
City campus: We're at the top of the stairs in Student Central (floor 0)
Emm Lane campus: TS1.22 (up the stairs from the Atrium / Cafe area, opposite the undergraduate office)
Just come to reception and we'll tell the adviser you've arrived.
- if you are late, the adviser may refuse to see you if it affects other appointments
- you cannot get support for academic course work through these appointments. Contact your module tutor directly if you require any help with an assignment. You can also get study skills help from the Academic Skills Advice service.
- We encourage you to take your own notes at your guidance appointments. Any notes a career consultant takes in your appointment are stored confidentially and destroyed after two years in accordance with the University confidentiality policy.
- We keep a confidential record of your visit on our client database. This helps us to keep in touch with you and is limited to the nature of your enquiry.
Codes of practice
See our student and graduate customer service statement and other statements of service.
We conform to the shared values of guidance as identified in the AGCAS Code of Practice on Guidance, Appendix A.