Financial Support for Disabled Students
Disabled Student Allowance
If you are a UK disabled student you may be eligible for additional financial support; Disabled Student Allowances (DSA). You don't need to have a confirmed place at the University to apply for DSA. You can apply for DSA at any time during your course but we strongly recommend you do so as soon as possible because the process can take up to 3 months.
You can check your eligibility and find out how to apply by visiting your funding body website:
- Student Finance England
- Student Finance Wales
- Student Awards Agency for Scotland
- Student Finance Northern Ireland
- Social Work Bursaries
DSA Drop-in Sessions
We offer a number of 15 minute drop in appointments. These are pre-bookable appointments and are limited to 15 minutes.
- You can contact us on the day on +44 (0) 1274 233739 or via email us on email@example.com
£200 University Reimbursement for Laptop
If you are applying for Disabled Student Allowance (DSA) from Student Finance England (SFE) or NHS Bursaries (NHS) for the academic year 2016/17, you will be asked to make a £200 contribution towards the cost of any computer that has been recommended. You may be eligible for a reimbursement of some or all of this £200 cost.
For more information contact us on 01274 233739 or take the following documentation to the Hub, Richmond Building:
- Your receipt/proof of purchase for the Computer
- Your DSA entitlement / Approval of support letter
- Your Student Financial Notification (SFN) letter if you are funded by SFE or your NHS letter if you are you funded by NHS
You will be required to complete a form at The Hub when applying for the reimbursement.
Students need to claim this by the end of the academic teaching year -ie the last day of the term in May.