About the Centre for Educational Development
Who we are
The team comprises a rich mix of professionals specialising in curriculum and educational development, and technology enhanced learning.
Where to find us
Organisationally, we are based in the Offices of the Vice-Chancellor reporting to the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Learning & Teaching); however, we are located in B0.21 Chesham Building (accessed via B0.23).
What we do
Our primary role is to enable individuals and programme teams to enhance learning and teaching. The implementation of the Learning & Teaching Strategy provides a key focus for our work and centres on University Strategy 2015-2025 objectives:
- 1b) Ensure excellence in teaching and learning.
- 2b) Deliver teaching that prepares students to become leaders in the global economy.
- 3b) Develop a varied programme mix, with an inclusive curriculum and a welcoming and supportive environment.
We work in partnership with academic faculties/schools, programme teams, individual academic staff and learning support professionals to:
- Design, develop and align their academic programmes with the Curriculum framework.
- Engage in initial / continuing professional development to enhance skills and teaching approaches.
- Achieve professional recognition against the UK Professional Standards Framework and/or institutional/national teaching awards.
- Enable the effective use of technology enhanced learning to support active, collaborative and reflective learning.
- Develop pedagogic research and scholarship relating to Higher Education policy and practice.
- Evaluate practice and make a sustained positive contribution to improving the results of Bradford/National Student Surveys and other quality assurance measures.
- Raise the profile and reputation of learning, teaching and assessment at the University of Bradford both locally and nationally, and share success at our annual Learning, Teaching and Research Conference.
All we do is underpinned by national frameworks such as: