Initial Professional Development (IPD)
If you have any queries or wish to discuss your initial professional development in relation to learning and teaching, please contact a member of the team.
For other development related to your role, please refer to My Development.
Lecturer/Learning Support Professional
All staff are expected to have professional recognition aligned with the UK Professional Standards Framework as set out in the IPD Framework. Engagement with the following are likely to feature as a requirement of your induction / probation:
- Academic Orientation (no dates available as this is under review);
- IPD Flowchartand its associated development sessions:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education Practice.
If you are new to a specific role, eg Module Leader, Programme Leader, Personal Academic Tutor, please refer to the section on role development.
Demonstrator/Teaching Assistant/Part-time Lecturer
- Postgraduates who teach;
Initial Professional Development Framework, dates and booking for sessions.
- Learning & Teaching in Higher Education (GTAs and P/T Tutors) Module LAT7001-B
Essential for Teaching Assistants.
Member of staff at a collaborative partner institution
Other useful information
- Learning and teaching handbook;
- Brief guide to the UK Quality Code - from the Quality Assurance Agency.
- Engaging home and international students: a guide for new lecturers from the Higher Education Academy.