Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Excellence Awards 2017
Congratulations to colleagues who have received Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Excellence Awards this year. The awards scheme recognises and rewards colleagues who demonstrate excellence in teaching and/or learning support at the University of Bradford.
Awards are celebrated at the annual Learning, Teaching and Research Conference and are formally presented at summer graduation ceremonies.
Senior Lecturer in e-Commerce and Information Systems, Faculty of Management & Law.
- An innovative, pioneering and transformational approach for linking entrepreneurship learning with real life practice.
- Clear evidence of stimulating student engagement and promoting learning that goes beyond the classroom.
- Strong commitment to developing research-led teaching and learning.
- A sustained record of excellent teaching which has been recognised by a number of external awards at both local and national level.
- A strong teaching philosophy which places the student experience at the heart of learning and teaching, with clear evidence of transformational learning and high attainment of PGT/PGR international students.
- An innovative and student centred approach to engaging learners as co-creators..
- Clear evidence of commitment to inclusive teaching and community engagement including real world problem solving.
- Cross faculty and inter-professional working.
Midwifery and Reproductive Health Team
- An innovative and student centred approach to engaging learners through problem based learning.
- Clear evidence of impact at institutional, national and international levels.
- Being long-listed in Stage 1 of the HEA’s Collaborative Awards for Teaching Excellence (CATE) piloted in 2016.