Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Excellence Awards (Individual)
A potential stepping stone to institutional nomination for a National Teaching Fellowship with up to 4 awards available.
Nominations should clearly demonstrate:
- Individual excellence: evidence of enhancing and transforming the student learning experience which is appropriate to the individual’s context and the opportunities it offers.
- Raising the profile of excellence: evidence of supporting colleagues and influencing support for student learning; demonstrating impact and engagement beyond the nominee’s immediate academic or professional role (the latter might be an area to address in the professional development plan).
- Developing excellence: evidence of the nominee’s commitment to her/his ongoing professional development with regard to teaching and learning and/or learning support.
How to make a nomination
Individuals employed at the University of Bradford with a teaching and/or learning support role are eligible to make a self-nomination.
Nominations should follow the guidance, including formatting instructions, for National Teaching Fellowship nomination and should include:
- A statement written by the individual of how they demonstrate excellence relevant to each of the three award criteria (maximum 3,500 words).
- A signed statement of support from the faculty/directorate’s senior manager (maximum 1,000 words).
- A brief curriculum vitae (maximum 1,000 words).
- A brief professional development plan that outlines how the award will contribute to this (maximum 500 words). (This should include HEA Fellowship where the nominee does not hold this professional recognition).
Nominations should be sent in an email with the subject "Nomination: TEA Individual" as a zipped email attachment to email@example.com by 12.00 noon Monday 5 February 2018.
Confidential advice and support is available to prospective nominees from the Centre for Educational Development. Those interested will also benefit from reading: