Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Excellence Awards (Team)
A potential stepping stone to institutional nomination for the Higher Education Academy’s Collaborate Award for Teaching Excellence (should this extend beyond its pilot phase) with up to 2 awards available.
Elements i-iii of the nomination (see below) should meet the following eight criteria:
- A clear set of aim(s), objectives and rationale for the team’s approach.
- Demonstration of how the team presented in the application, works collaboratively and how collaborative working has been an advantage.
- Demonstration of how the team, presented in the application, constitutes a team and developed as a team.
- Demonstration of direct involvement of students with the team.
- Illustration of how the team has addressed a thematic issue: assessment and feedback; retention, employability, staff development; students as partners; technology and social media.
- Demonstration of creative solutions to a challenge, situation, problem.
- Provision of detailed comment on the impact of the outcomes/outputs of the collaborative work.
- Demonstration of how the collaborative work has enhanced student learning.
Element iv (dissemination and impact plan) of the nomination (see below) should meet the following six criteria:
- A coherent plan of dissemination with objectives.
- Demonstration of stakeholder engagement in the dissemination process.
- Demonstration of embedding cutting-edge practice.
- Clarity with regard to dissemination tools.
- Manageable timeframe.
- Details of evaluation and the measurement of impact.
How to make a nomination
Nominations should follow the guidance available for national awards, be authored by the team leader and should include:
- A signed statement of support from the faculty/directorate’s senior manager (maximum 500 words).
- A statement, by the team that demonstrates the award criteria (maximum 1000 words).
- Supporting evidence (maximum 500 words each).
- A dissemination and impact plan (5 pages maximum).
Nominations should be sent as a zipped email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12.00 noon Monday 6 February 2017.