Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Excellence Awards (Team)
A potential stepping stone to institutional nomination for the Higher Education Academy’s Collaborate Award for Teaching Excellence with up to 2 awards available.
- Collaborative excellence: evidence of enhancing and transforming the student learning experience commensurate with the team's context and the opportunities afforded by it.
- Dissemination and impact of excellence: evidence of supporting colleagues and influencing support for student learning: demonstrating impact and engagement beyond the team's immediate academic or professional role.
How to make a nomination
Teams with a teaching and/or learning support role are eligible to make a self-nomination. Teams may cross organisational boundaries.
Nominations should follow the guidance, including formatting instructions, for Collaborative Award for Teaching Excellence nominations, be authored by the team leader unless stated otherwise, and should include:
- A statement on how the team demonstrates excellence relevant to award criteria one (maximum 1,000 words).
- Two pieces of supporting evidence demonstrating how the collaborative work has impacted on student learning (maximum 500 words each).
- A dissemination and impact plan on how the team disseminates excellence relevant to award criteria two (maximum 2,000 words).
- A signed statement of support from the faculty/directorate’s senior manager (maximum 1,000 words) (Where the team crosses organisational boundaries, this should be a collaborative statement).
Nominations should be sent in an email with the subject "Nomination: TEA Team" as a zipped email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12.00 noon Monday 5 February 2018.