University of Bradford ACM Student Chapter
The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) is the world's largest educational and scientific computing society. It delivers resources that advance computing as a science and a profession. ACM provides the computing field's premier Digital Library and serves its members and the computing profession with leading-edge publications, conferences, and career resources.
The University of Bradford Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Student Chapter was chartered by ACM's Chief Operating Officer on November 17, 2014.
The Chapter will serve students at University of Bradford and other interested persons in the Bradford community.
The Chapter operations are in line with ACM Bylaws and exclusively for educational and scientific purposes to promote:
- an increased knowledge of and greater interest in the science, design, development, construction, languages, management and applications of modern computing
- greater interest in computing and its applications
- a means of communication between persons having an interest in computing
Membership is open to all ACM members and non-members. For more details on becoming a member please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently planning several activities within and outside the University and in collaboration with other agencies and organisations:
- Mentorship program: to pair up students at Bradford University with mentors (both academic and industrial)
- Career fairs: exposition for employers and recruiters to come to Bradford and meet with prospective job seekers and interns.
- Distinguished speakers program: aimed at bringing speakers from academia, industry, and government to give presentations.
- Student research competitions