Dr Felicia Ong
- Title: Enhanced Learning Officer
- Email: F.L.C.Ong@Bradford.ac.uk
- Extension: 6262
- Room No. Chesham B3.07
- Qualifications: PhD Bradford BEng Bradford MIET Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Additional Role: Module Leader for Mobile Application Technologies
- Additional Role: Module Leader for C Programming with Robots
- Research Groups: Electronics, Communications and Information Systems Engineering
Dr Felicia Li Chin Ong received her BEng (Hons) degree in Electronic, Telecommunications and Computer engineering from the University of Bradford, U.K., in 2002. In December 2015, she has successfully defended her PhD thesis at her viva voce and is expected to graduate with the awarded degree of PhD in 2016. She is currently working as an Enhanced Learning Officer at the University of Bradford and was the Electronics and Telecommunications Programmes Course Tutor from 2010 to 2013. She had also previously worked as a Distance and e-Learning Development Officer from 2007 to 2010 and as a Research Assistant from 2002 to 2007 at the University of Bradford. She had previously worked in the broadcasting and telecommunication industry in Singapore from 1998 to 2000. She has been involved in the EC funded IST project Fast Internet for Fast Train Hosts (FIFTH), Satellite Communications Network of Excellence (SatNEx I and II) projects and the EPSRC funded Continuing Education in Electronics Systems Integration Training (CEESI) Project. She is presently also enrolled on the Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education Practice, expecting to complete in 2017.
Her research interests includes e-learning and distance learning (design, development and delivery), m-learning and mobility management in heterogeneous networks and beyond 4G systems and IP mobility in heterogeneous networks, neural networks, mobile communication systems, robotic systems and mobile application technologies.
Module Coordinator: Mobile Application Technologies, C Programming with Robots
Module Associate: Mobile and Wireless Communications Networks, Robotics Systems
International Journal and Conference Paper Reviewer
- IET Networks
- IET Communications
- Fifth International Workshop on Satellite and Space Communications (IWSSC) - 2009
- Fourth Advanced Satellite Mobile Systems Conference (ASMS) - 2008
- IEEE 19th Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC) Mobile and Wireless Networks - 2008
- Third International Workshop on Satellite and Space Communications (IWSSC) - 2007
- EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking
- F.L.C. Ong, X. Liang, P.M.L. Chan, G. Koltsidas, F.N. Pavlidou, N. Celandroni, E. Ferro, A. Gotta, H. Cruickshank, S. Iyengar, G. Fairhurst, V. Mancuso , " Fusion of Digital Television, Broadband Internet and Mobile Communications - Part I: Enabling Technologies", International Journal of Satellite Communications and Networking (IJSCN), 25(4), June 2007; 363-407.
- X. Liang, F.L.C. Ong, P. Pillai, P.M.L. Chan, V. Mancuso, G. Koltsidas, F.N. Pavlidou, L. Cavifkione, N. Celandroni, E. Ferro, A. Gotta, H. Cruickshank, S. Iyengar, G. Fairhurst, "Fusion of Digital Television, Broadband Internet and Mobile Communications, Part II: Future Service Scenarios", International Journal of Satellite Communications and Networking (IJSCN), 25(4), June 2007; 409-440.
- R.E. Sheriff and F.L.C. Ong, "Evaluating the Case for Employing E-Portfolio Tools as Part of the Final Year Engineering Project Experience", The Higher Education Academy STEM Annual Conference 2012, Imperial College, London, 12 -13 April 2012.
- F.L.C. Ong and R.E. Sheriff, "Distance Learning of Engineering based subjects: A case study", Proceedings of 23rd ICDE 23rd World Conference and 2009 EADTU Annual Conference (M-2009), Maastricht, The Netherlands, 7-10 June 2009.
- F.L.C. Ong and P.M.L. Chan, "Fourth Generation (4G) Mobile Systems: The Development towards Heterogeneous Networking", Proceedings of the International Conference on Advanced Technologies in Telecommunications and Control Engineering (ATTCE 2006), INTI College, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 28-29 August 2006.
- X. Liang, F.L.C. Ong, P.M.L. Chan, R.E. Sheriff, "Security Procedures for Broadband Communications via Satellite and W-LAN Networks to Trains", Proceedings of First International Symposium on Broadband Communications (ISBC'04), Harrogate, Leeds, 12-15 Dec 2004.
- X. Liang, F.L.C. Ong, P.M.L. Chan, R.E. Sheriff, P. Conforto, "Mobile Internet access for high-speed trains via heterogeneous networks", Proceedings of 14th IEEE 2003 International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC 2003), Beijing, China, 7-10 September 2003; 177-181.
- F.L.C. Ong and R.E. Sheriff, "Employing Self-Evaluation Activity to Enhance Students' Final Year Project Learning", 11th Annual Learning, Teaching & Assessment (LTA) Conference, Bradford, 11 July 2012.
- R.E. Sheriff and F.L.C. Ong, "Investigation of the Applicability of an E-Portfolio Tool to Support Final Year Engineering Projects", National HE STEM Event, Bradford, 8 February 2012.
- R.E. Sheriff and F.L.C. Ong, "An Investigation Into the Use of E-Portfolio Tools to Enhance the Final Year Engineering Project Experience", 10th Annual Learning, Teaching & Assessment (LTA) Conference, Bradford, 14 June 2011.
- F.L.C. Ong, "Transforming the learners' environment: blending interactive learning and multimedia", 9th Annual Learning, Teaching & Assessment (LTA) Conference, Bradford, 7-8 June 2010.
- F.L.C. Ong, X. Liang, P.M.L. Chan, R.E. Sheriff, "Mobile Internet Access on High-Speed Trains", Poster Presentation at Science, Engineering and Technology (SET) for Britain, House of Commons, London, 15 March 2004.
- R.E. Sheriff and F.L.C. Ong, "Evaluation of PebblePAD as an enhancer of the final year engineering project experience", Contributed news article to HE STEM news, Spring/Summer 2012; pp. 16.
- R.E. Sheriff and F.L.C. Ong, "Investigation of the applicability of an e-portfolio tool to support final year engineering project", Contributed Chapter to Enhancing Engineering Higher Education: Outputs of the National HE STEM Programme, Publisher: Royal Academy of Engineering, July 2012; pp. 100-102.
- F.L.C. Ong, X. Liang, V.W. Chook, P.M.L. Chan, Y.F. Hu, R.E. Sheriff, "Satellite Research and Development Issues for Fourth-Generation and Ad Hoc Networks", Contributed to ASMS-TF Report - Thematic Priority: 4G and Ad Hoc Networks, September 2004.
- Contribution to technical reports for various research projects - EU funded SatNEx and IST-FIFTH