About the School of Engineering
Engineering at Bradford has entered a new, exciting phase of activity in which we emphasise the interdisciplinary nature of Engineering in all of its forms. Our courses in Chemical, Civil and Structural Mechanical and Automotive and Medical Engineering are accredited by the relevant professional institutions. We can offer:
Excellent quality courses
Our MEng and BEng courses are accredited by the relevant professional institutional and informed by research activity and industry. Our degrees are highly regarded by industry and independent assessors. Our Industrial placements provide a practical introduction to a career in Engineering.
The School of Engineering prides itself on the excellent facilities we have to offer for both students and staff. We have a number of specialist laboratories equipped to cover all disciplines in the School. We also have a number of computer clusters offering students access to high-spec computers running up-to-date software applications. We also have a dedicated technical support team who help to keep everything running smoothly.
- £1.5 million Multi-disciplinary Engineering Laboratory using the latest technology and software
- Mechanical Engineering Workshops with state of the art CNC machining facilities
- A state-of-the-art Automotive Engine Experimental and Simulation Facility (HyPER-C) in a laboratory with two computer-controlled regenerative dynamometers, one of which is unique in the UK.
- Medical Engineering Laboratories featuring: cell/tissue engineering laboratory for in-vitro culturing and wound repair; state-of-the-art human movement laboratory, with VICON motion capture facility; prosthetic/orthotic joint laboratory; world-class bioaerosol test facility; electrostatics laboratory for evaluating the impact of electrical charge on biological and medical systems
- Structures Laboratory & Civil Engineering Research Laboratory
All of our courses are available with an optional 12 months supervised industrial training which greatly enhances your degree. Find out more about placements.
Excellent graduate employment
Our heritage of 'Making Knowledge Work' means that we continue to respond to the needs of employers and our graduate employment record has regularly been among the best in the country.