Dr Jian-Ping Li
- Title: Lecturer in Engineering Optimisation
- Email: J.P.Li@Bradford.ac.uk
- Extension: 4539
- Room No. Chesham C0.15
- Qualifications: Ph.D University of Manchester M.Sc Nanjin University of Science and Techno
- Additional Role: Director of Postgraduate Research
- Additional Role: First Year Tutor
- Additional Role: Prize Management
- Web: http://www.scholarpark.co.uk/bradford/s/jpli
- Research Groups: Mechanical and Process Engineering
- Research Groups: Future Ubiquitous Networks
Jian-Ping Li is a lecturer in Engineering Optimisation and the Director of Postgraduate Research in the faculty of Engineering and Informatics. He used to be an associate professor in Hebei Institute of Science and technology in China in 1997. He holds a PhD in Mechanical Engineering from University of Manchester (2004) within 2 years and an M.Sc degree in Mechanical Optimisation from Nanjing University of Science and Technology in 1989. He worked as a visitor on engineering optimisation in the Department of Engineering, Cambridge University in 2000-2001.
Jian-Ping has extensive track record on the development of optimisation methodologies, such as boundary theory and algorithms for reliability optimisation, general conjugate vector methods for minimax optimisation problems and species conserving genetic algorithms for multimodal optimisation.
Jian-Ping has published more than 90 papers and some papers are published in the related leading journals, such as Evolutionary Computation, IEEE on Reliability, Chemical Journal etc.
Current research interests revolve around modelling complex systems, the development of modelling and optimisation system (MoS), and the application of his research on optimisation algorithms to solve different kinds of complex engineering problems by collaborating with different people.
Education and Qualifications
- 2001-2004, Department of Mechanical, Aerospace & Manufacturing Engineering, UMIST, United Kingdom.
- 2000-2001, Engineering Department, Cambridge University, United Kingdom.
- 1986-1989, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, P.R.China.
- 1982-1986, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Shijiazhuang Institute of Science & Technology, P.R.China.
- M.Sc.(1989), Mechanical Optimization Design, Nanjing University of Science and Technology,1989, P.R.China.
- B.Sc. (1986), Mechanical Engineering, Shijiazhuang Institute of Science & Technology, 1986, P.R.China.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Senior member, Chinese Mechanical Engineering Society. Certificate No. 03330146.
- Member, Chinese Plant Engineering Society.
- Optimisation theory and algorithms
- Engineering Optimisation
- Engine calibration optimization
- Mechanical optimisation
- Truss Structure optimisation
- Reliability and maintainability
- Service modelling and optimisation
- Mechanical failure modelling in virtual reality environment.
- Effect of material inhomogeneity on reliability
- System reliability optimisation
- Maintainability design
- Programming in researches
EPSRC: Species optimisation of Engine Calibration
Current, and significant recent, funded projects
1. EU Horizon2020: "COMET – Future Cockpit Network Communications Environment Testing" in 2017 with Prof. Fun Hu €906,875
2, TSB: "Secure Integrated Network Communications for Broadband and ATM Connectivity" in 2013 with Prof. Fun Hu, £735,640
2. EPSRC: "Advanced numerical techniques for characterising obstructions in sewer pipes" in 2009 with Prof Kiril , £323,066
3. "Travel Grant" in 2011, The Royal Academy of Engineering, £500.
4. "Travel Grant" in 2010, The Royal Academy of Engineering, £500.
5. "Travel Grant" in 2009, The Royal Academy of Engineering, £500.
6. "Grants for OR50",Operational Research Society.
- Co-organiser on niching optimization, 2013 IEEE Congress Evolutionary Computation (CEC).
- Co-organiser on niching optimization, 2011 IEEE Congress Evolutionary Computation (CEC).
- Session chair on Engineering Optimisation, 2011 the 11th Annual Workshop on Computational Intelligence (UKCI2012).
- Session chair on Engineering Optimisation, 2011 the 11th Annual Workshop on Computational Intelligence (UKCI2011).
- Invited Speaker, Structural Engineering Convention, IISc, Bangalore, India, Dec. 14-16,2005.
- Keynote talk, 2004, International Conference on Reliability, Maintainability and Safety (ICRMS). Session chair on reliability optimization
- IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part C Applications and Reviews
- Evolutionary Computation (MIT)
- Swarm Intelligent
- International Journal of Swarm Intelligence Research
- Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C, Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science
- Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science
- International Journal of Performability Engineering
- Journal of Heuristics
- International Journal of Systems Science
- Journal of the Indian Institute of Science
- 2013 University of Manchester;
- 2011 University of Essex;
- 2011 University of Hull;
- 2009 University of Loughborough.
- Chairman of Bradford Chinese School, 2013-
- member of the Trust Board of Bradford Chinese School, 2011-2013.
- Mohammed Alkaragoolee, 2015
- Kirils Bibiks,2013
- Abhishek Mishra,2013
- Abdelnaser A Khalifa Elwerfalli
- Mohammed Kianifar,2011
- Ekram F. M. Hamouda ,2009.
- Victor Moyo 2010
- Mohammed Ali
- Xue-Fei Ying
My full Publication is located at
Some publications can be found in the University scholar page