Dr Max Babenko
- Title: Postdoctoral Researcher
- Email: M.Babenko1@Bradford.ac.uk
- Extension: 4593
- Room No. Richmond WG31
- Qualifications: BEng (Hons) PhD Bradford
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/maksims-babenko-43060759
- Research Groups: Centre for Polymer Micro and Nano Technology
- Research Groups: Advanced Materials Engineering
Dr Maksims Babenko is a Civil and Structural Engineering graduate (University of Bradford). He has completed summer internship in the Centre for Polymer Micro and Nano Technology where he has conducted a high shear strain rate rheometry for a range of polymers, was responsible for light/energy collection device manufacturing and worked on an industrial collaboration project with Network Medical Products ltd. In 2015 he has competed his PhD in Heat Transfer at the Cavity-Polymer Interface in Microinjection Moulding. In 2016 completed a Postdoctoral research project which was in collaboration with one of the largest chemical companies to benchmark candidate polymer materials in terms of their suitability for polymer microneedles manufacturing.
Currently working on another Postdoctoral project dedicated to develop routes for application and measurement of covert features on products and packaging to provide protection against counterfeiting.
Main research projects include:
a. Mouldling of Micro and Nano-scale components using a range of technologies
b. Ultrasound micro-injection moulding
c. Characterisation of polymer in high strain rate environments
d. High speed thermal imaging of micromoulding flows
e. Surface characterisation using, SEM, WLI (white light interferometry), Laser Scanning Confocal Microscopy
f. Microneedles manufacturing and characterisation
- Sorgato M., Babenko M., Lucchetta G. and Whiteside B.R. (2017): "Investigation of the influence of vacuum venting on mould surface temperature in micro injection moulding" The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Springer, London, 88 (1): 547-555.
- Babenko M., Whiteside B.R., Sweeney J. and Coates P.D. (2016): "Evaluation of Melt Cooling Prediction and Determination of HTC Values for Microinjection Moulding", 32nd International Conference of the Polymer Processing Society, Lyon, France.
- Babenko M. and Whiteside B.R. (2016): "Ultrasonic Injection Moulding: a Study of Thermal Behaviour and Nanofeature Replication ", 16th International Conference and Exhibition of the European Society for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology, Nottingham, UK.
- Babenko M. and Whiteside B.R. (2015): "Introduction to Ultrasonic Micro Moulding and Application of Digital and Thermal High Speed Imaging Techniques", Bradford Industry Meeting, Bradford, UK.
- Babenko M., Whiteside B.R., Sweeney J., González Castro G. and Bigot S. (2014): "Estimation of Thermal Contact Conductance at Polymer Melt and Mold surface interface in microinjection molding.", 30th International Conference of the Polymer Processing Society, Cleveland, Ohio, USA.
- Bigot S., Lacan F., Hirshy H., Petkov P.V. and Babenko M. (2014): "Micro and Nano Structuring of Sapphire for Micro Injection Process Investigation", 9th International Conference on MicroManufacturing (Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and National University of Singapore). , Singapore, Singapore.
- Babenko M., Whiteside B.R., González Castro G., Sweeney J. and Coates P.D. (2013): "The Usage of Thermal Imaging for Temperature Measurements during Microinjection Moulding", 10th International Conference on Multi-Material Micro Manufacture, San Sebastián, Spain.
- Babenko M., Whiteside B.R., González Castro G., Sweeney J. and Bigot S (2013): "High Speed Visualisation of Cooling Phenomena in Micromoudling Processes", 29th International Conference of the Polymer Processing Society , Nuremberg, Germany.
- Babenko M, Whiteside B.R., Sweeney J., González Castro G. and Bigot S. (2013): "Temperature Measurements at the Polymer Melt and Mould Cavity Interface Using High Speed Thermal Camera", Polymer Processing Engineering 13, Bradford, UK.
- González Castro G., Babenko M., Bigot S., Sweeney J. and Whiteside B.R. (2011): "Thermal Contact Resistance in Micromoulding", Polymer Processing Engineering 11: Enhanced Polymer Processing, Bradford, UK.