Games, Animation and Visual Effects
Our ethos is to help you immerse yourself in these areas, and to encourage you to make your own contribution towards advancing them.
There’s never been a better time to develop and utilise your creative talents. With today’s technology, we can visualise impossible events and build worlds that bring our imagination to life.
We can interact with fantastic environments that challenge us and connect us to global communities.
Art, science, creativity and technology are all meeting head on, and this is having a profound impact on the way that we make sense of the world around us.
The soundtrack is 'The Profiteers by Rations' – used under the Creative Commons licence.
At a Glance
- All of our courses in Games, Animation and Visual Effects develop your experience and understanding in a wide range of creative, technical and practical modules, which allow you to build up a strong portfolio of work within your chosen specialism
- Significant and successful industry professionals are involved in course design and give regular lectures, tutorials and masterclasses
- If you wish, you may take the opportunity to spend a 'year-out' period of twelve months in appropriate employment. Past placements have included Disney Interactive, Redstar and Jagex
- We have a unique partnership with the National Science and Media Museum, giving students unique access to a range of facilities, extensive archives and special events
- Students can undertake professional style production projects that replicate the creative industrial experience