The Admissions Office manages a fair, transparent and consistent admissions process to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, providing advice and assistance to prospective students and colleagues across the University.
The team have overall responsibility for managing all admission to the University, including that of International students and work closely with Faculty staff and the Visa Support team to ensure all applicants receive a high quality customer service.
In December 2014 the team were awarded Customer First status in recognition of the excellent level of customer service they provide to both internal and external customers.
The main responsibilities of the Admissions Office are to:
- offer help and answer questions about applying to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
- manage and maintain the University's central admissions systems, policies and procedures
- process and communicate all official admissions decisions on applications including issuing formal offers to applicants
- offer advice on qualifications (standard, non-standard and international)
- determine the fee status of applicants in accordance with Government guidelines
- manage the Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) for relevant incoming international students
- maintain accurate data on entry requirements including UCAS publications such as entry profiles
- provide staff training to new admissions tutors and faculty staff