Centre for Applied Dementia Studies
- Awarded the Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education for world-leading work to improve the lives of people living with dementia
- Creating leaders in health and social care through undergraduate and postgraduate distance learning programmes in applied dementia studies
- Undertaking landmark research, with funding from the Medical Research Council, the National Institute of Health Research, the Department of Health and the Alzheimer's Society
- Developing the next generation of applied dementia research leaders through our Alzheimer's Society funded Doctoral Training Centre on Improving Transitions in Dementia Care
- Our research impact is ranked as outstanding in REF 2014
- Have trained over 8,500 people world-wide to use our practice development methodology, Dementia Care Mapping™
- Inspectorates in Australia, England, the Netherlands, Scotland and Wales use our Short Observational Framework for Inspection
With over 20 years experience, our expertise in applied dementia research is recognised internationally, and our impact rated as outstanding in the latest REF exercise
Our distance-learning programmes are designed to be directly applicable to the workplace and to equip students with the skills to implement service delivery improvements.
Training and Short Courses
We offer short courses in Dementia Care Mapping, and Cornerstones of Person Centred Dementia Care. you can also commission a course for delivery within your organisation
Practice Development Consultancy
We work in partnership with organisations to identify areas for development and develop realistic plans to improve care practices in dementia care.
Dementia Care Mapping
Dementia Care Mapping is an established approach to achieving and embedding person-centred care for people with dementia, recognised by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence