|Position||Midwifery Lecturer and Admissions Tutor|
|Department||School of Allied Health Professions and Midwifery|
Research Interests (key words only)
Values based recruitment, Resilience, Problem Based Learning.
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Lecturer - undergraduate BSc midwifery modules and Return to Practice
- Mandatory Training modules level 4-6 ‘Manual Handling’ and ‘Basic Life Support’
- Module Leader level 6 Midwifery practice
- Link Lecturer level 6 case-loading students
Rae qualified as an enrolled nurse in 1989 and a registered nurse in 1991 and worked as a staff nurse on the paediatric surgical and neonatal unit at Leeds General Infirmary.
Rae trained as a midwife in 1993 at Airedale General Hospital and after registration worked at Bradford Royal Infirmary. In 2006 she became a Clinical Educator, responsible for delivering clinical skills training to medical students during their obstetric rotation.
In 2009 Rae joined the School of Midwifery and Reproductive Health and has spent three years as admissions tutor, completing a work based project around Values Based Recruitment for her MSc dissertation.
- PG Dip Health Professional Educator (Teacher) – University of Bradford
- Preparation of Supervisors of Midwives (Level 7) - University of Leeds
- BSc Combined Health Studies - University of Bradford
- Registered Midwife/Diploma in Health Studies - University of Bradford
- Registered Nurse - Leeds General Infirmary
- Enrolled Nurse General - Leeds Western Health Authority
- Supervisor of Midwives
- External examiner