|Department||School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership|
|Feedback Hours||Monday, Wednesday and Thursday|
Research Interests (key words only)
Service improvement, Older peoples mental Health, Physical health of people with mental health problems, History of mental health nursing in the 20th century, clinical Supervision, Tai Chi and wellbeing.
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
- I teach across the pre-registration curriculum and also on post registration courses in mental health
- Module Lead, Good practice in physical health care for people with mental health problems.
- I am a Personal Academic Tutor and have students in levels 1, 2 and 3 of the BSc (Hons) Nursing course. I supervise students up to Master’s level.
Registered Mental Health Nurse and Lecturer.
- 2005 - 2007, Huddersfield University - Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- 2001 - 2001, Leeds Metropolitan University - Professional Diploma Psychosocial Interventions for People with Severe Mental Illness
- 1994 - 1997, Leeds University - MA Health and Social Care Quality Assurance
- 1986 - 1990, Leeds Metropolitan University - BSc (Hons) Nursing
- 1979 - 1983, Airedale District School of Nursing - Registered Mental Nurse
- 2013 - current Faculty of Health, University of Bradford, Part-time Mental Health Lecturer
- 2010 - 2012 Bradford District Care Trust, Education, Practice and Research Development
- 2008 - 2009 Bradford District Care Trust, Service Improvement lead
- 2007 - 2008 Bradford District Care Trust, Project Nurse for Airedale Mental Health Centre
- 2005 - 2007 Leeds Metropolitan University, Part-time secondment as a Lecturer/Practitioner
- 2004 - 2007 Bradford District Care Trust, Modernisation Manager
- 2002 - 2007 Bradford District Care Trust, Joint Project Manager in the Care Trust’s partnership
with Bradford Social Services in the Dementia Collaborative
- 1991 - 2002 Airedale NHS Trust, Mental Health Directorate, Practice Development Nurse
- 1986 - 1991 St James' University Hospital, Leeds Eastern Health Authority Charge Nurse
- 1985 - 1986 Scalebor Park Hospital, Airedale Health Authority, Acting Charge Nurse
- 1979 - 1985 Scalebor Park Hospital, Airedale Health Authority, Student Nurse and then Staff Nurse
Devine J and Barton Wright P (2014) The impact of the First World War on asylums in the UK, British Journal of Mental Health Nursing,