|Department||School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership|
|Feedback Hours||8-4, variable|
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
I teach across the pre registration curriculum and also on post registration courses.
I teach both mental health themes and generic themes. I jointly deliver Cognitive Behavioural Therapy modules in conjunction with the leader of these modules.
Module Lead, Therapeutic Nursing Interventions.
I am a Personal Academic Tutor and have students in levels 1, 2 and 3 of the BSc (Hons) Nursing course. I supervise students up to Master’s level.
I am Pre Registration Cohort Lead for the 2014 Nursing intake.
A registered Mental Health nurse and lecturer.
My interests are varied but include therapeutic interventions, recovery, and disability related to mental health.
Post Graduate Diploma In Education For Health Care Professionals 90 credits level M: South Bank Polytechnic, 1990 - 1991.
Master’s Degree in Adult Education: London South Bank University, 1995 – 1996.
- Senior Lecturer. Discipline Lead: Mental Health - University of Bedfordshire 2005 – 2010
- Senior Lecturer - Thames Valley University 1997 – 2005
- Grade 2 teacher continuing education - Berkshire College of Nursing 1991 - 1997
- Clinical teacher, Mental Health - West Berkshire College of Nursing 1989 - 1990
- Registered Mental Nurse training - Cheadle Royal Hospital, Stockport 1983 - 1986
External Examiner, Liverpool John Moores University
Paper in progress – CBT in undergraduate RMN programmes
Collaboration – Mental Health Recovery for Student Nurses.