|Position||Nursing Lecturer and Programme Lead|
|Department||School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership|
|Feedback Hours||Mon - Fri, 9 - 4|
Research Interests (key words only)
Tissue Viability, Pressure Ulcers, Prescribing, Nursing.
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Wound prevention and treatment
- Prescribing principles
- Clinical skills
My specialist field is wound prevention and treatment. I hold Degree and Masters level qualifications in nursing and education. I have 18 years of tissue viability experience in acute and chronic wound prevention and management.
I work within a lecturing role in the nursing division ; my clinical activity is gained working within the Wound Healing Unit in Bradford. As an independent nurse prescriber I am responsible for jointly leading the Prescribing provision at Bradford.
- Registered Lecturer/Practice Education - 2005 - Present
- MSc Health Professional Education - 2004
- Registered Nurse Independent/Supplementary Prescriber - 2004 - Present
- Tissue viability modules in leg ulcers, dermatology and tissue viability - 2000
- BSc - 1996
- Diploma In Nursing - 1993
- Registered Nurse since 1989
- Majority of clinical practice in Calderdale acute Trust and community
- Lecturing history – University of Bradford
- Current clinical wound care sister – BRI wound healing unit
- Expert witness in wound prevention and management
Wound Care Sister (horary), BRI.
Vowden K, Collins J , Warner V (2016) pressure ulcer Incidence : do patients retain information European wound management association (EWMA) journal 16(1), page 35-6.