|Department||School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership|
|Feedback Hours||Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays|
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
I teach across the pre-registration curriculum including clinical skills and basic life support.
Currently leading on clinical skills provision to the pre registration curriculum.
I am a Personal Academic Tutor and have students in levels 1, 2 and 3 of the BSc (Hons) Nursing course.
Registered adult nurse, lecturer and a member of the practice education support team. Through partnership with mentors in clinical areas support and advise about quality of learning and practice.
- 2005-2007: Huddersfield University, Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- 2001-2001: Leeds Metropolitan University, Professional Diploma Psychosocial Interventions for People with Severe Mental Illness
- 1994-1997: Leeds University MA Health and Social Care Quality Assurance
- 1986-1990: Leeds Metropolitan University BSc (Hons) Nursing
- 1979-1983: Airedale District School of Nursing Registered Mental Nurse
Previous Posts and Responsibilities
- Clinical Educator at Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust July 2001 to 2003
- Setting up and delivery of Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs) for 3rd and final year medical students
- Coaching of junior doctors for the purpose of developing and enhancing their basic clinical skills.
- Ward Based Teacher (Clinical Educator) at Leeds Medical School September 1998- 2001
- Staff Nurse at Airedale NHS Trust specialising in short stay surgery and orthopaedics October 1994 - 1998
- Staff Nurse in ophthalmic nursing and general surgery at Royal United Hospital, Bath 1985- 1994
Education/ Professional Qualifications
- Masters in Education Spring 2007 – “An Examination of a Multi-level Approach to the Teaching of a Supplementary Prescribing Course and the Implications for Health Care Practitioners”
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education, Bradford College 2003
- City and Guilds 730 in Teaching in Further and Adult Education Craven College of F.E. 1997
- BA Honours in Combined Studies - Sociology and Study of Religions, Bath College of Higher Education 1994
- Registered General Nurse Brighton Area School of Nursing and Barnet Area School of Nursing qualified 1983