|Position||Mental Health Nursing Lecturer and Admissions Tutor|
|Department||School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership|
Research Interests (key words only)
History of mental health nursing, recruitment, admissions and achievement, the arts and healthcare.
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Module Leader year 3 Transition to Registered Nursing Practice
- Teaching and/or assessment involvement in all pre-registration nursing modules
- Supervisor of final stage Masters students
- Mental Health Admissions Tutor
- Joint Programme Lead – BSc Nursing (2017 curriculum)
Registered Mental Health nurse since 1988. Clinical experience includes 9 years as a staff nurse on acute mental health wards and 7 years as a senior clinician and team leader in community mental health teams, plus experience as a Locality and Development Manager for a Primary Care Trust.
Working in nurse education since 2004 and part of the mental health lecturing team at the University of Bradford since 2005.
- MSc Nursing (2012)
- Lecturer/ Health Educator (2009)
- BSc(hons) Specialist Practitioner Community Mental health Nursing (2003)
- Diploma in Professional Studies in Nursing (1992)
- Registered Mental Nurse (1988)
- BA (Hons) Classical Studies (1985)
- External Examiner - University of Ulster (2013 – 2017 )
- Part time appointment Leeds Foundation Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust since 2013
Devine J and Barton Wright P (2014) The impact of the First World War on asylums in the UK, British Journal of Mental Health Nursing, Devine J and Elson S (2009)
How to apply for nurse training, British Journal of Healthcare Assistants