|Department||School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership|
Research Interests (key words only)
Academic practice (learning, teaching and assessment) in higher education.
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
To provide academic and pastoral support for undergraduate and postgraduate students at the University of Bradford as Personal Academic Tutor.
Involved in teaching, assessing and module leadership for pre and post-registration nursing modules at The University of Bradford, specifically: trauma, critical care and research-focused topics.
Module leader: Module leadership of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes of education.
Qualified as a registered nurse in 1982 and worked as a staff nurse in neurology/neurosurgery and, later, accident and emergency.
Prepared the successful bid for King’s Fund Nursing Development Unit status for an Accident and Emergency Department in a district general hospital, and was clinical leader there between 1992 and 1995.
- FHEA, 2007, Higher Education Academy
- PGCert Higher Education Practice, 2004, University of Bradford
- MSc, 1997, University of Huddersfield
- Cert. Managing Health Services, 1992, Institute of Health Services Management/Open University
- RGN, 1982, UKCC
- Lecturer in Nursing Research, Oct 1999 - Nov 2002, University of Bradford
- Acute Services Clinical Nurse Advisor, Aug 1995 - Oct 1999, Airedale NHS Trust
- Nursing Development Unit Clinical Leader, Oct 1992 - Aug 1995, Dewsbury and District Hospital