|Position||Framework Lead; Specialist Skills Post Registration Development. Senior Lecturer (0.4)|
|Department||School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership|
Research Interests (key words only)
Quality assurance in health & social care education; coaching & mentoring students.
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
Teaching at Undergraduate & Post Graduate level within the Faculty of Health Studies & at undergraduate level with the Faculty of Life Sciences, School of Medical Sciences in the area of personal & professional development.
- Chair Programme Management team Meetings Framework for Flexible Learning
- Chair Boards of Examiners
- Member of the Faculty Practice Education Group
- Member of Faculty Board
- Member of Faculty Learning & Teaching
- Member of Programme Leaders Forum
A Registered General Nurse, Annie has recent clinical experience working Bank Shifts in Accident & Emergency Nursing in a local NHS Foundation Trust. She has also had experience working in a Burns & Plastic surgery unit treating victims of severe trauma whilst serving as a Nursing officer with HM Forces in Queen Alexanders Royal Army Nursing Corps in the UK and Germany.
When Annie left the services she moved into nurse education working as a Clinical Teacher in A&E/Orthopaedics with student nurses on placement for the Bradford School of Nursing.
She has since worked as a Lecturer at Undergraduate & Post Graduate level within the Faculty of Health Studies & at Undergraduate level with the Faculty of Life Sciences, School of Medical Sciences.
Annie has held a number of External Expert and External Examiner posts at HEIs across the UK, recently completing her term of office at Canterbury Christ Church University.
For many years Annie was a Diocesan appointed School Governor at a Primary School near her home & also volunteered with the Skipton Street Angels until 2014.
Registered & Recordable Qualifications
- Registered General Nurse – The General Infirmary at Leeds 1978
- Registered Clinical Nurse Teacher – Gwent College of Higher Education 1983
- Registered Nurse Tutor – College of Ripon & York St John. 1987
- (Certificate in Education for Teachers of Nurses)
- Bachelor of Education (Hons) 2.1 – Huddersfield Polytechnic 1989
- MA in Quality in Health & Social Care – University of Leeds 1997
- PGCE (Primary with QTS) – University of Bradford 2003
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Other Relevant Education
- TDLB D2/33 – City & Guilds 1992
- Introductory Award for Supervisory Managers – NEBSM 1994
- Coaching & Mentoring L7 – University of Bradford 2013
- Recruitment Training – University of Bradford 2014
- Curriculum Development (4) – University of Bradford 2014
- Tier 4 Training – University of Bradford 2015
- Qualified Workplace Investigator Training – University of Bradford 2015
- Intermediate Life Support Course Resuscitation Council. 2015
- Jan 2008 – Sept 2012 - Bank Staff Nurse A&E Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
- Sept. 2003 – Nov 2003 - Module Leader (Hourly Paid) University of Bradford
- Sept. 2002 – Jul. 2003 – Full Time PGCE (Primary) University of Bradford
- Mar. 2000 – Sept. 2002 – Associate Lecturer; University of Bradford
- Jun. 1996 – Feb. 2000 – Health Lecturer; University of Bradford
- Jan. 1991 – Jun. 1996 – Nurse Teacher. Airedale & Bradford College of Nursing & Midwifery Studies / Bradford College of Health
- Sept. 1986 – Jul. 1987 - Full time secondment College of Ripon & York St John
- May 1984 – Sept 1986- Clinical Teacher A&E/ Orthopaedics Bradford School of Nursing
- Jul. 1983 – May 1984. Clinical Teacher. Duchess of Kent Military Hospital. Catterick
- Jan 1983 – July 1983. Registered Clinical Nurse Teachers Course. Gwent College of Higher Education
- Oct. 1982 – Dec. 1982 Night Superintendent. Cambridge Military Hospital. Aldershot
- Aug. 1982 – Oct. 1982 Unqualified Clinical Teacher. Cambridge Military Hospital
- Mar. 1982 – Oct 1982. Senior Sister Orthopaedics. Cambridge Military Hospital
- Nov 1980 – Mar 1982. Junior ward Sister Gynae/General Surgery. BMH Hannover
- Mar 1980 - Nov 1980. Junior Ward Sister Medicine. BMH Hannover
- Jun. 1979 – Mar 1980. Junior Ward Sister Burns/Plastic Surgery. Queen Elizabeth Military Hospital Woolwich
- Aug 1978 – May 1979. Staff Nurse Medicine/Gastro. The General Infirmary at Leeds
- Aug. 1975 – Aug. 1978 Student Nurse. The General Infirmary at Leeds
- External Expert
- External Examiner
- University Investigation committees
Member of Education groups at Bradford Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust, Bradford District Care Foundation trust and Airedale NHS Trust