The University is committed to promoting equality, diversity and an inclusive and supportive environment for its students, staff and others closely associated with its work.
In particular, the University will:
- Promote diversity in its students and staff by recognising the particular contributions to the achievement of the University's mission that can be made by individuals with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Promote and maintain an inclusive and supportive study and work environment.
- Affirm the rights of individuals to be treated fairly and with respect and afford opportunities to fulfil their potential.
- Remain committed to ensuring that all stages of the recruitment process are conducted fairly and effectively.
- Seek to appoint the best candidate for the job based on competence and merit.
- Encourage applications from candidates with disabilities and is committed to ensuring any reasonable adjustments are made throughout the selection process and as required should a successful candidate with a declared disability undertake the post.
- Ensure that current employment legislation is complied with throughout the entire recruitment process.
- Ensure applications are dealt with in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure all candidates will have a positive experience regardless of the application outcome.
- Ensure all documentation relating to applicants will be treated confidentially in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA).
The University are proud supporters of the ‘Disability Confident’ scheme. ‘Disability Confident' accreditation is given to organisations that are committed to employing, supporting and prompting disabled people in the workplace.
For further details regarding this accreditation and our commitments to disabled employees and candidates please see our FAQs for Applicants regarding the Disability Confident Scheme