Skip to content
Open menu Close menu

Frequently Asked Questions by Sponsors

General Information

Who can be a Sponsor?

A sponsor is a company, organisation, institution or government body that wants to fund their students in their studies. This funding is normally in the form of tuition fee sponsorship and can extend to covering study and living costs in the UK.

A Sponsorship Letter must be submitted and approved to become a Sponsor for a student.

What is a Sponsorship Letter? What information should I provide in a Sponsorship Letter?

The purpose of a Sponsorship Letter (also known as a Financial Guarantee Letter) is to provide details to the University of Bradford about the support that you will provide the student. Due to the importance of a Sponsorship Letter, we require for the Sponsorship Letter to be on letter headed paper, contain the following information:

  • Date
  • Be addressed to the University of Bradford
  • It must confirm that the tuition fees are being paid for by the company/organisation
  • The duration of the scholarship (for all years of the course or for select years)
  • Students’ Full Name (as written on their passport) and where possible their UB number
  • Confirmation of the amount of tuition fee costs that will be paid (% or amount)
  • The full business address and business email address where the invoice can be sent for payment
  • Contact name, job title, address and contact details for the Authorised Person who is acting as sponsor
  • Signature of authorised person
  • A business stamp

How do I request a report on my sponsored students?

Progression reports are issued following the end of Semester 1 and Semester 2 after the assessment period has ended and the marks have been confirmed by the Exam Boards. Reports for research students are issued at the same time.

Reports for Semester 1 can be expected by the end of March and reports for Semester 2 can be expected in August.

Reports on a sponsored student’s attendance can also be provided upon request.

To request these reports please contact the International Office

Who can I ask questions about the student I am sponsoring?

Any questions that you have about a student you are sponsoring please contact the International Office.

What if my student withdraws?

If the student decides that they are not going to complete their course with us, it is important that they write a letter or email to their department, as well as inform Student Registry Services through the Hub.

Tuition fees will be adjusted based on the date the student informs us of their withdrawal and there may be an administrative charge. For further details, please contact the Hub or call +44 1274 235050.    

If the student withdraws from their studies, the University has an obligation to inform the UK Border Agency and they will be expected to leave the UK.

Fees and Finance

When will I receive an invoice for the tuition fees of my sponsored student?

Once your Sponsorship Letter has been approved, you will receive an invoice for the cost of tuition fees. This invoice will normally be produced following the enrolment of the student.

If you would like a copy of your invoice, this can be arranged by contacting Student Registry Services.


The Green is a purpose-built £40 million student village at the City Campus, putting students right at the heart of the University’s academic studies, student facilities, support services and social activities. More information can be found on the Accommodation Office website.

Compared to most university towns and cities in the UK, privately rented accommodation in Bradford is relatively inexpensive. The University works closely with Unipol Student Homes to provide students with a private accommodation service that is transparent and easy to use. Unipol is a unique organisation, to help students find the best housing they can, to drive up standards in the private rented sector and be a beacon of good practice for other housing suppliers. The service is free and there is an excellent choice of accommodation from shared houses and flats, bedsits and studios to rooms in larger developments, all displayed on an easy-to-use website. Unipol can also help students with house hunting-related problems through their drop-in solicitor service. More information is available on our Accommodation webpages.

Will my student be safe in Bradford?

The University of Bradford takes the safety and security of its students and staff very seriously. Bradford is one of the 15 safest University town and cities in England and Wales, according to the Complete University Guide.

The chances that your son/daughter will become a victim of violent crime in the Bradford area are very low.

You can read more and watch a YouTube video on our Student Life website. Our University of Bradford Student Union is also involved. Please visit the UBU website to find out more.

The Security & Emergency Services Office is located in the Atrium of the Richmond Building. It is staffed at all times of the day and night and staff are available to help them with any problems that they may have.

There is also a Security Office at the Faculty of Management and Law.

A number of Security staff, male and female, patrol all areas of the University on foot and by vehicle throughout the day and night. There is an extensive system of CCTV cameras, Intruder Alarms and Access Control in all areas of University property for your safety and security. You can find out more on the Estates and Facilities website.