Skip to content
Open menu Close menu

Your Money

Before you travel to the UK it is very important that you have made arrangements for enough money to cover your tuition fees and living expenses.  Please do not expect to find a part-time job to cover these costs.

If you are bringing money with a value of more than 10,000 Euros (including money in any currency, bankers’ draft or traveller’s cheques) into the UK from outside the EU, you must declare this. You will have to submit a completed declaration form to Customs at Immigration when you arrive in the UK. You should also check to see if there are any regulations or restrictions on the amount of money you can take out of your own country.

We recommend that you carry about £500 in cash or on a pre paid travel card when you travel to the UK. It is not advised to bring more than £500 cash for safety reasons. Try to bring £10 and £20 notes if you can, as £50 notes are not very often accepted in shops and retails outlets.

The logos below can be found on UK automated teller machines (ATM) or cash machines in the UK. If your credit or debit card carries any of these logos, you should be able to withdraw money from ATMs bearing the same logo/s. You may be able to use your existing credit or debit cards to withdraw money from UK ATMs for a fee. Check with your bank for more information.

Cash machine logos found in the UK (jpeg, 62KB)