PC Clinic and Advice Team
The PC Clinic and Advice team can help if you're having problems with your laptop, or if you need IT related advice.
Appointments and drop in sessions are free. You'll only have to pay if you agree to have a hardware component replaced on your faulty device.
For help with the following, please make an appointment. Appointments are available Monday to Friday and can be booked by calling IT Servicedesk on 01274 233333 (or ext. 3333 from a University phone):
- Software issues - operating system reinstalls, data recovery and malware removal. We are not able to offer free Windows installs.
- Data recovery - please do not move, save, download or copy anything onto the PC HDD / USB memory stick. Bring it to us as soon as possible to have a higher chance of recovering the data.
- Minor hardware problems, e.g. HDD, keyboard, some screen replacements. We don't hold a stock of hardware components - they must be provided by you, according to the repair requirements (don't worry, we'll tell you what you'll need).
Drop in sessions
Drop in sessions are available Monday to Friday (09:00 – 11:00, and 15:00 – 17:00) in room 01.13a, J. B. Priestley Library.
We can help with any IT related questions, including:
- Username and password issues;
- Microsoft Office (note: we can help with using Microsoft Word etc, but we can't proof read, edit or correct your work. Please see the University's policy for more information);
- File management;
If your enquiry is complex or needs more investigation, we will make an appointment for you with the PC Clinic, or signpost you to other services.
If you want to contact us online, please use our ServiceNow form to ask a question.