Working Off Campus
This page provides links to tools that can help you to work outside the office when the need arises.
Please note: there is currently no 'working from home' policy. Requests must be directed to line managers for discussion.
- Desktop applications and files - use Secure Global Desktop (SGD) or NetStorage.
- Email and calendar.
- IT Service Status for information about any IT issues or scheduled maintenance.
- Contact list for email addresses and phone numbers.
- Message your colleagues by downloading Blackboard IM on your own PC.
- See the internal home page or Twitter for the latest University news.
- Forward your office extension to a mobile (request this service via IT Servicedesk - please provide your mobile phone number and specify which of the following options you would like):
- Permanent forwarding to your mobile which will happen automatically if your extension has rung a number of times. Note: you can specify the number of rings but even with as few as two, many callers hang up before the call diverts, due to the delay when switching over.
- A code that can be put onto your extension before leaving. All calls will then be diverted to your mobile, until it is turned off.