Regulations and policies
Use of facilities and Library resources
- You should take good care of the Library’s resources and leave them in the condition in which you would wish to find them. The Library space and materials are intended to be equally shared by all students and staff.
- Please make sure you keep your student card safe. Please don’t lend it to anyone because they can then use it. You are responsible for the books that are borrowed using your card.
- Remember to renew or return items at the end of the loan period.
- You are advised to read the full Library Regulations and the Student Charter.
- You must make sure you follow copyright law when photocopying or scanning.
Behaviour in the Library
- You are expected to be considerate to other students and staff. Please respect the designated silent, quiet and group areas of the Library and behave in an appropriate manner.
- You can take drinks and cold snacks into the Library. Drinks should be in a non-spill container.
- Electronic equipment (including mobile phones) should be used in silent mode only. Conversations using these devices are allowed only in designated group areas.
- For your own safety, and that of others, please leave the Library building when the fire alarm sounds. If you are unsure what to do, please ask a fire officer or a security guard.
- Please keep your possessions with you at all times. The Library will not accept responsibility for any items lost or stolen.
Below you will find a number of policy documents regarding using the library, andmobile phones. Additionally, you can view our collection development policy, as well as our information and digital literacy statement. Thank you for your help with making the Library a pleasant learning environment for all.