Opening Hours and Contact Details
Limited services 6-16, 23-27 July and 20-24 August (staff holidays).
16-17 August 2018. Service closed, to enable us to help with Clearing.
Special Collections welcomes members of the University and external visitors. Our limited staffing means access is by appointment only.
Please note that we are not open every day and we regret that access to collections will seldom be possible for visitors arriving without appointment. Please don't make any travel or other arrangements before you have arranged a firm appointment with us.
Times available for appointments: Tuesday-Friday, 10-4.30. We stay open during lunchtime whenever staffing permits. Further information about Visiting Special Collections.
Staff and students of the University of Bradford may consult some books from Special Collections without appointment via the Special Collections Fetch Service.
Postal address: Special Collections
J. B. Priestley Library
University of Bradford
Bradford. BD7 1DP.
Telephone: +44 (0) 1274 235256.
You can find contact details of and other information about individual members of staff here: Meet the Team
- Special Collections blog. Service news, images, collections, exhibitions, J.B. Priestley stories, Yorkshire, University history.
- Putting Flesh on the Bones. Cataloguing and digitising the archive of Calvin Wells, by Project Archivist James Neill.
- PaxCat Project. Blog posts by Helen Roberts, Project Archivist, reflecting on the extraordinary stories behind the Commonweal Archives. 2009-2010.
- Celebrating Jacquetta Hawkes. News and stories linked to this remarkable archaeologist, poet, and artist. 2010, with occasional updates.
- 100 Objects Bradford. Online exhibition of the very best of Special Collections. 2011-2014.
- The Eleventh Hour. Bringing the Mitrinovic Archive to life! Philosophy, literature, religions, politics, the occult and much more. By Project Archivist Emma Burgham. 2015-2016.