Group Study Rooms and equipment
The group study rooms are located on Floor 0 and Floor 01 of the J. B. Priestley Library. These rooms are intended for work purposes only and will accommodate groups of up to 6 students.
- Rooms can be booked for a maximum of 2 hours per person per day and up to 2 weeks in advance.
- During term, they are available from 09.00 - 21.30 on weekdays. During vacation, they are available from 09.00 - 16.30.
- These rooms are left unlocked, please ensure you book before using the space to ensure you can stay for the length of time needed. Be sure to leave promptly at the end of your session ready for the next booking.
- You may be asked to leave if you are the sole occupant of a group study room.
Seminar rooms in Student Central may also be booked outside normal teaching periods. Bookings must be made in advance through the Student Union. The booking instructions and booking request form are available from the Student Union Book A Room page.
Booking a room or equipment
- Go to the Library's list of available rooms or items to book.
- Use the Go To Date button or the arrow keys to find your preferred date.
- Click on your start time on the line for your chosen room. The booking will default to the maximum time available up to 2 hours. You can reduce the time using the drop-down menu underneath the list of rooms.
- Click on Submit Times.
- Log in using your University username and password.
- Check the information on the booking details screen and click Continue if everything is correct.
- Enter your name and the number of people in your group. Click Submit my Booking.
- You will see a confirmation of your booking, which will also be emailed to you.
- For equipment bookings, collect your item from the Library enquiries point within 15 minutes of the booking start time.
Note: return any equipment promptly once your booking has finished. Fines apply even for a delay of less than 5 minutes. Students with significant fines or overdue library materials will not be able to collect equipment.
How to cancel a booking
Please cancel bookings you no longer need as it frees a room for other students to use.
- Find the confirmation email for the appropriate booking and click on the cancellation link. Please note that if you have multiple bookings, you will see only the booking from that email.
- Click Cancel Booking.
- Make an alternative booking if needed.