Mr Niall Hynes
|Department||Optometry and Vision Science|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 1274 236261|
|Visit my LinkedIn profile|
Research Interests (key words only)
Accommodation, Myopia, Adaptive Optics, Fatigue, Cognition
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
- 2nd Year Assessment and Management of Binocular Vision
- 2nd Year Clinical Optometry and Communication Skills
- 3rd Year Primary Care and Contact Lens Clinics
Originally from Aghamore, Co. Mayo, Ireland, Niall studied his undergraduate in optometry in Bradford, graduating in 2011. Following this, he spent three years in a busy optometric practice in Sheffield. He returned to Bradford in September 2014 to start his PhD researching the application of adaptive optics on the study of accommodation and convergence in the human visual system under the supervision of Prof Ed Mallen and Dr Matt Cufflin.
In his spare time Niall is a volunteer optometrist with Vision Aid Overseas primarily working in Zambia and follows the often lamentable fortunes of Sheffield United and the slightly less lamentable fortunes of the Irish rugby team.
- BSc (Hons) Optometry, 2011, University of Bradford.
Resident Optometrist, 2012-2014, Specsavers Crystal Peaks, Sheffield.
- Locum Optometrist
- Member of the College of Optometrists
- Volunteer Optometrist / Team Leader, Vision Aid Overseas