Mr Hadar Zaman
|Position||Senior Lecturer in Pharmacy Practice/Pharmacy and Medical Sciences Admissions Tutor|
|Department||Bradford School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 1274 234741|
|Visit my LinkedIn profile|
Research Interests (key words only)
Health Services Research, Pharmacy Practice, Medicines Optimisation, Patient Safety, De-prescribing, Pharmacy Services Evaluation, Systematic reviews
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Stage 3: Mental Health (Unit lead)
- Stage 4: Pharmacy Practice (Unit lead)
BSc (Hons) Clinical Sciences
- Stage 2: Personal, Career and Professional Development (Module lead)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy (Community) (Unit lead)
- Physicians Associates: Mental Health
- Admissions Tutor for Pharmacy and Medical Sciences
Hadar graduated from the University of Bradford with a first-class honours in Pharmacy. After registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council in 2009, Hadar pursued a career in the speciality area of mental health. He gained his Non-Medical Prescribing qualification within this area. He progressed within the NHS until he was appointed by Alternative Futures Group, the largest provider of private mental health services in the north-west to be their Chief Pharmacist. Recognition of Hadar’s expertise in the area of mental health has led him to being appointed as Specialist Professional and Clinical Advisor to the Care Quality Commission Mental Health and Adult Social inspectorates and to hold position on the Centre for Guidelines Development for National Institute of Health and Care Excellence developing and updating clinical guidelines in the area of mental health.
Alongside his clinical commitments, Hadar is an academic lecturer at the University of Bradford, School of Pharmacy where he has recently been promoted to the post of Senior Lecturer in Pharmacy Practice. Hadar teaches on both the undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses in the Faculty of Life Sciences and on the Royal Pharmaceutical Society pre-registration course. In addition to his teaching responsibilities Hadar retains an active role in both applied and basic research and has published several papers in these areas. His main area of research interest lays in health services research and medicines optimisation. Hadar has developed national and pan-European prescribing guidelines with various healthcare agencies and has led on publishing Cochrane Systematic reviews and development of Impact Case Studies for REF.
Hadar combines his academic and clinical roles and continues to practice in Community Pharmacy where possible. He is a member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society's West Yorkshire Local Practice Forum and simultaneously a stakeholder in the Community Pharmacy West Yorkshire development academy. He is the lead for Public Health for NHS England Local Pharmacy Network, a position which he created to reflect the importance of this area for Community Pharmacy. His expertise in the area of Community Pharmacy has been recognised by the National Institute of Health and Care Excellence where he sits on a guideline development committee.
Recognition of Hadar’s professional development culminated in his acceptance as a Faculty Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (Advance Level II) in January 2016. Hadar is the founder and chair of the annual Pharmacy Futures conference which provides a platform for national stakeholders to discuss and debate issues relating to pharmacy.
- PhD (part-time): The use of nano-polymeric formulations to improve the solubility and dissolution of poorly soluble drugs, University of Bradford, October 2014 - present
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education Practice, University of Bradford, May 2015
- Independent Prescribing course, University of Bradford, 2013
- Master in Pharmacy (1st Class), University of Bradford, 2004-2008
- October 2009 - May 2010: Clinical Pharmacist: South West Yorkshire Mental Health Trust
- September 2010 - September 2012: Specialist Mental Health Pharmacist: Rotherham and Doncaster Mental Health Trust
- October 2012 - July 2013: University of Keele: Lecturer in Pharmacy Practice
- April 2012 - April 2014: University of Huddersfield School of Pharmacy: Visiting Lecturer
- August 2013 - March 2017: University of Bradford: Lecturer in Pharmacy Practice
- University of Bradford: Senior Lecturer in Pharmacy Practice
- Alternative Futures Group: Chief Mental Health Pharmacist
- Care Quality Commission: Specialist Clinical and Professional Advisor
- ProPharmace: Pre-registration Training Manager
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) - Public Health Advisory Committee Guideline Development Group for Community Pharmacy: Promoting Health and Wellbeing
- NICE Expert Advisor: Centre for Clinical Guideline Development
- European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EACCI): Guideline development group for Immunotherapy
- Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency: Expert working group (ad hoc member) on Commission on Human Medicines committee
- NHS England Local Professional Network (Pharmacy) Yorkshire and Humber – Lead for Public Health
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society West Yorkshire Local Practice Forum: steering group member
- Community Pharmacy West Yorkshire development programme: academic representative
- United Kingdom Clinical Pharmacy Association: steering group member for Community Pharmacy
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society: Pre-egistration tutor
- External Examiner for Anglia Ruskin University: Prescribing for Healthcare Professionals (Non-Medical Prescribing)
- Imaan Healthcare: Pre registration pharmacy clinical tutor
- Peer reviewer for the Journal of Ethnobiology and Ethnomedicine (BioMed Central, UK)
- Cochrane Schizophrenia Research Group: author/peer reviewer
- Pharmaceutical Journal Clinical Pharmacist: peer reviewer
- NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries: Topic Expert (Mental Health) and peer reviewer
- Pharmacy Research UK: peer reviewer for grant applications
- National Institute for Health Research Evaluation, Trials and Studies Co-ordinating Centre: peer reviewer for grant applications
- Polymer Chemistry
- Drug Delivery
- Cochrane systematic review Aripirazole for hyperprolactinaemia
- Pharmacy Service Evaluation for Community Pharmacy West Yorkshire: Making Time Project
- Encyclopaedia for Pharmacy Practice: writing several chapters
- Systematic reviews:
Management of Kluver Bucy Syndrome
Management of depression in patient with Acquired Brain Injuries
Health literacy in patient with Acquired Brain Injuries
Study into the knowledge and understanding of healthcare professionals in relation to Novel Psychoactive Substances
- Imperial College London- Prof Azeem Majeed
- Edinburgh University- Prof Aziz Sheikh
- York University- Dr Najma Siddique
- Huddersfield University- Prof Zaheer Babar
- New South Wales (Australia)- Dr Donna Gillies
- Monash University (Australia)- Dr Fiona Clay
- UCLAN- Prof Rob Forbes
- Aston University- Dr Ian Maidment
- University of Leeds: Dr John Baker
- Pieroni, A., Zaman, H., Ayub, S., Torry, B.
"My doctor doesn't understand why I use them": Herbal and food medicines amongst the Bangladeshi community in West Yorkshire, UK”
In: Pardo de Santayana, M., Pieroni, A., Puri, R. (Eds.) Ethnobotany of Europe, 2009, Berghahn, Oxford, UK.
Project manager, editor and author.
- Medicines Management Toolkit for Children Palliative Care Sector. Together for Short Lives.
Akram, S and Zaman, H
- Warts and verrucas: assesment and treatment.
The Pharmaceutical Journal, 20 June 2015, Vol 294, No 7867, online URI: 20068680
Breen, L., Urban, R. and Zaman, H. (2016)
- The Health Supply Chain in the United Kingdom. Pharmacists in the Supply Chain Technical Report.
International Federation of Pharmacists (FIP). Under review. Available from: http://www.fip.org
Zaman, H. (2016)
- Addressing Solubility through Nano Based Drug Delivery Systems.
J Nanomed Nanotechnol, 7(376), p.2.
Dhami, S and Zaman, H (2017)
- Allergen immunotherapy for insect venom allergy: a systematic review and meta-analysis
Allergy. 2017 Mar;72(3):342-365.
Zaman, H, Bright, A, Forbes, R, Adams, K and Goodall, D (2017)
- Characterisation of a novel vascular disrupting agent, ICT01-2588, using Taylor Dispersion Analysis.
Int J Pharm. 2017 Apr 30;522(1-2):98-109.
Dhami, S, Kakourou, A, Asamoah, F, Agache, I, Lau, S, Marek J, Muraro, A, Roberts, G, Akdis, CA, Bonini, M, Cavkaytar, O and Zaman, H (2017).
- Allergen immunotherapy for allergic asthma: a systematic review and meta‐analysis.
Allergy 2017 May.
Ryan, D, Gerth van Wijk, R, Angier, E, Kristiansen, M, Zaman, H, Sheikh, A, Cardona, V, Vidal, C, Warner, A, Agache, I and Arasi, S (2017).
- Challenges in the implementation of the EAACI AIT guidelines: A situational analysis of current provision of allergen immunotherapy.
Dhami, S, Nurmatov, U, Arasi, S, Khan, T, Asaria, M and Zaman, H (2017)
- Allergen immunotherapy for allergic rhinoconjunctivitis : a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Allergy. 2017 May
Sturm, GJ, Varga, EM, Roberts, G, Mosbech, H, Bilò, MB, Akdis, CA and Zaman, H (2017)
- EAACI Guidelines on Allergen Immunotherapy: Hymenoptera venom allergy.
Allergy. 2017 July.
Zaman H, Sampson SJ, Beck AL, Sharma T, Clay FJ, Spyridi S, Zhao S, Gillies D.
- Benzodiazepines for psychosis-induced aggression or agitation.
Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017
Editor/Author publication. Medicines Management Toolkit for the Children Palliative Care Sector. Together for Short Lives. Impact study submitted as part of REF 2014.
Conference chair for annual Pharmacy Futures Conference held at the University of Bradford.