Dr Ian Grimsey
|Location||M31a Richmond Building|
|Department||School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 1274 234754|
|Visit my LinkedIn profile|
Research Interests (key words only)
Crystal engineering, particle formation, particle characterisation, quality by design.
Abrahem M Abrahem Benhadia.
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
- MPharm (all years)
- BSc Clinical Sciences (Foundation, Stage 1 and Stage 3)
- MSc Pharmaceutical Technology and Medicines Control
Module leader for:
- PHA4002-C Foundation Studies for Pharmacy 2 (Life Cycle of a Medicine)
- CLS 6001-B Clinical Pharmacology
Project supervisor for final year MPharm SSC (dissertation) students. Laboratory project supervisor for MPharm Stage 2 and Stage 3 SSA.
- MPharm Stage 2 Leader
- Personal Tutor for students in MPharm (all years)
- Member of the MPharm Staff Student Liason Committee (SSLC)
- Member of the MPharm Programme Management Committee (PMC)
- BSc Chemical Physics with Subsidiary Mathematics, 2:1 University of Reading (1982-1985)
- PhD Chemistry, University of Reading, Department of Chemistry (1985-1989)
- April 1989 – August 1992: Petroleum Engineer, British Petroleum Research Sunbury Research Centre, Middlesex
- September 1992 – September 1994: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Chemical Engineering and Fuel Technology, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, Yorkshire
- September 1994- February 1995: Postdoctoral Research Associate, School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford
- February 1995 appointed Lecturer, School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford
- May 2003 promoted to Senior Lecturer, School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford
Particle Surface Coating, Spray-drying.
Study of the Mechanical, Thermal and Rheological Properties of Film Coating Polymers to predict their behaviour under compression.
Centre for Pharmaceutical Engineering Science: Prof. Anant Paradkar and Prof Tim Gough.
Effect of mechanical denaturation on surface free energy of protein powders. Mohammad Amin Mohammad, Ian M. Grimsey, Robert T. Forbes, Ian S. Blagbrough, Barbara R Conway. Colloids and Surfaces B:Biointerfaces 146 (2016) 700–706
Mapping the solid-state properties of crystalline lysozyme during pharmaceutical unit-operations. Mohammad, Mohammad Amin; Grimsey, Ian M.; Forbes, Robert T. Journal Of Pharmaceutical And Biomedical Analysis (2015) Volume: 114 Pages: 176-183