Dr Mohammad Isreb
|Position||Lecturer in Clinical Pharmaceutics|
|Location||N2.01, Norcroft Building|
|Department||School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences|
|RKT Centre||Pharmaceutical Engineering|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 1274 234762|
Research Interests (key words only)
Pharmaceutics, formulation, preformulation, film coating, solid dispersions, solid solutions, spheronization, tablet, polymer, rheology, thermal, mechanical properties, hot melt extrusion, spheronisation, solid dosage form, microfluidics, nanotechnology, biopharmaceutics.
Abdulrahman Mkia, Bana Shriky, Muthana Obeed and Mohammad Mousa.
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
- MPharm (all years)
- BSc Clinical Sciences (Foundation and Stage 1)
- MSc Pharmaceutical Technology and Medicines Control
Unit leader for:
- Sense, Thoughts and Movement 1 Unit 1&2
Project supervisor for Master students in Pharmaceutical Technology, final year MPharm SSC (dissertation) students. Laboratory project supervisor for MPharm Stage 2 and Stage 3 Student Selective Assignment.
- MPharm Stage 1 Leader
- Personal Tutor for students in MPharm (all years)
- Member of the MPharm Staff Student Liason Committee (SSLC)
- Member of the MPharm Programme Management and Enhancement Committee (PMEC)
- 1999-2004: Undergraduate student, Faculty of Pharmacy and medical science, University of Petra, Amman, Jordan
- 2004-2005: Community pharmacist, Latakia, Syria
- 2005-2006: Lecturer assistant, University of Aleppo, Syria
- 2006-2007: Part Time Lab Supervisor, De Montfort University, Leicester, UK
- 2007-2011: Post-graduate research student, School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, UK
- 2010-present: Lecturer, School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, UK
- B.Sc. Hons. Pharmacy, University of Petra 2004
- Ph.D. Pharmaceutical formulations, University of Bradford 2011
Film coating, Solid dispersion, Thermal and Mechanical analysis, Nanotechnology, Microfluidics, Solubility enhancement.
- Kelly, A. L., et al. (2017). "In-process rheometry as a PAT tool for hot melt extrusion." Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy: 1-7.
- Najafzadeh, M., et al. (2016). "DNA Damage in Healthy Individuals and Respiratory Patients after Treating Whole Blood In vitro with the Bulk and Nano Forms of NSAIDs." Frontiers in Molecular Biosciences 3: 50.
- Shah, S. M. H., et al. (2016). "Smart nanocrystals of artemether: fabrication, characterization, and comparative in vitro and in vivo antimalarial evaluation." Drug Design, Development and Therapy 10: 3837-3850.
- Shah, S. M. H., et al. (2017). "FABRICATION AND EVALUATION OF SMART NANOCRYSTALS OF ARTEMISININ FOR ANTIMALARIAL AND ANTIBACTERIAL EFFICACY." African Journal of Traditional, Complementary, and Alternative Medicines 14(1): 251-262.
- R. T. Forbes and M. Isreb, “Poly (DL-Lactic Acid), Handbook of Pharmaceutical Excipients, sixth edition, 2009.
- M. Isreb, T. Gough, M. C. Bonner, and R. T. Forbes, “Rheology and chain dynamics of hypermellose acetate succinate in pharmaceutical polymeric formulations,” AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition,USA, Nov 2009.
- M. Isreb, T. Gough, M. C. Bonner, and R. T. Forbes, "Approaches to Tg determination: enhanced thermal and rheological insights into polymer formulations" Oral presentation, PharmSci Fair conference,France, Jun. 2009.