We are one of the oldest university-based business schools with one of the longest-established management PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) programmes in Europe and one of the most experienced and globally recognised DBA (Doctor of Business Administration) programmes, which has been running since 2001.
Both are academically equivalent but the DBA is designed for senior, experienced professional managers and is highly applicable within specific sectors and careers, whereas the PhD can be taken by graduates at all levels with an interest in a particular area of management research.
We have an excellent library and other dedicated research resources.
The School of Management is closely linked with the needs of industry, commerce and the public sector. We offer the choice to adopt a practical focus or to pursue a more scholarly approach.
- Choose your area of management research
- In REF 2014 almost 90% of our research demonstrated very considerable impact on business practice and policy
- For senior, experienced professionals
- Applicable within your sector/career
- Part-time - fits into your busy schedule