Skip to content
Open menu Close menu

Leaving / withdrawing from your course

Courses and study

If you would like to leave the University, firstly you should discuss with your present department why you want to leave, as they may be able to help.

If you decide that you would like to leave you need to put any withdrawal in writing to your departmental administrator or The Hub.

Course cancellation withdrawal form

  • Please fill in the form below, either electronically or by printing it out.  Signatures are required.  Please return to your departmental administrator or The Hub in the Richmond Building.
  • Course withdrawal form (Word doc, 42KB)


If you are worried about any financial consequences (outstanding payments to the University) then come into The Hub (based in the Richmond Building) to discuss your withdrawal, or ring on 01274 23 5050.

You will have to inform the Student Loan Company (if in receipt of a tuition fee loan) or your sponsor (if someone else pays your fees for you).

Once your withdrawal is agreed, if required, we will also write to your funding body finalising your withdrawal.

Contact details

DepartmentThe Hub
LocationRichmond Building, City Campus

Telephone+44 (0) 1274 23 5050

Share this