Admissions and fees

Please contact us to arrange a visit to the nursery and to discuss fees.

University of Bradford Nursery application form

Free Early Education entitlement for eligible two, three and four-year-olds

Your child may be eligible for Early Education Funding.

What is Early Education?

The government provides funding to Bradford Council for all eligible children so that early education can be provided free of charge. All three and four-year-olds in England are entitled to 15 hours and eligible families will be able to claim up to 30hrs.

Some two-year-olds are also eligible, for more information on who is eligible for a two-year-old place contact the Families Information Service 01274 437503 or visit the website.

Eligibility for 30 free hours of childcare

When will my child be eligible for the free early education?

The date you can claim your child’s free early education entitlement will depend on when your child’s birthday is.

The table below shows the dates.

Child’s 2nd or 3rd birthday is betweenWhen you can claim
1 January to 31 March the beginning of Summer term on or after 1 April
1 April to 31 August the beginning of Autumn  term on or after 1 September
1 September to 31 December the beginning of Spring term on or after 1 January

How can I claim free early education?

The provider you choose will support you to complete a Parent Agreement Form; this is to confirm that you wish to take up your child’s free early education entitlement with them.

By completing and signing this form you are entering into an agreement with the early education provider for a whole term, a term is between 12 and 14 weeks. You will be asked to sign the Parent Agreement each term to confirm you would like them to continue to claim funding on your child’s behalf.

The provider will use the information in the Parent Agreement Form along with evidence of your child’s identity (and additional evidence of eligibility for a two year old place) to show that you have agreed for your child to access their free early education entitlement with them. If you choose to take your child’s 15hrs split between more than one provider you must inform the each provider and complete a Parent Agreement with both providers.

What else will I need to sign?

In addition to a Parent Agreement you will be asked by the provider to sign a Headcount Form issued to them each term by Bradford Council. This form will include your child’s name and address, date of birth, ethnicity, your name and your signature.

How will information I give the provider be used?

The provider will send the Headcount Form to Bradford Council to allow them to claim funding for the funded hours you have agreed your child will attend.

Bradford Council will collate the information and share some of the information with local Children’s Centres.

Providers are also required by Ofsted to evidence how they track children’s progress, and how they ensure children who are identified as being in need of additional support are provided with it. The provider will discuss your child’s development with you.

At present, providers of two years old places are asked to provide Bradford Council with basic information about all two year old children in their setting. This is to enable the Bradford Council and the Childrens Centres to carry out their role to support families with children; if you do not wish your information to be shared you may opt out by informing the provider and indication you wish to opt out by ticking the CC opt out box on the Headcount Form.