Collaborations and Networks
In recent years members of the team have been involved in cutting edge projects with the:
- Vascular Diseases Center
- University of Ferrara, Italy
- Buffalo Neuroimaging Analysis Center
- University at Buffalo, USA
- National Yang Ming University of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
- Key State Laboratory, Sichuan University, China
- Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
As well as working with UK clinicians at:
- Harrogate District Hospital
- St James University Hospital, Leeds
- South Manchester Hospital NHS Trust
- Northern General Hospital, Sheffield.
These various collaborative relationships mean the members of the team have expertise in bridging the gap between bioengineering and clinical research.
In addition to its clinical links, the medical engineering research team is involved in collaborative work with a number of industrial partners in producing medical devices and other healthcare related technologies:
- Smith & Nephew Plc
- De Puy Plc
- Surgical Innovations Plc
- Trauson Orthopaedics Ltd
- Dyson Ltd
- Chase A Blatchford & Sons Ltd
Indeed, the Yorkshire Forward Regional Development Agency recently named healthcare technology at Bradford as an industrial ‘cluster' in the Yorkshire region.